QUARTZ VS GRANITE – WHICH SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Quartz and granite are our specialities; both offering an incredible amount of benefits when used as kitchen worktops. Both materials offer a number of benefits and have become the two most popular choices within the industry. As a result, they often find themselves compared to each other. So in the case of Quartz vs. Granite, who comes out on top?
KITCHEN WORKTOPS IN ESSEX & KENT
The granite worktops we supply in Essex and Kent are quarried naturally. They’re quarried from the earth in great chunks of stone, eventually cut and polished into the granite worktops you know and see today.
Quartz worktops are made from crushed quartz mixed with resin. Being essentially man-made, they can be created in a number of different colours and patterns.
BENEFITS OF QUARTZ WORKTOPS
- Quartz worktops are incredibly strong, just as strong as granite in fact. They have the added benefit of being more flexible which makes installation much easier.
- Quartz is non-porous and requires no sealing. This makes quartz worktops, whether they’re in your Kent kitchen or Essex bathroom, stain resistant and maintenance free.
- Quartz is incredibly durable so a dropped glass or dropped knife is likely to leave no mark. A quick clean up with a damp cloth will solve the spillage problem in an instant.
- Quartz will usually have visible seams, however these can be hidden to an extent by choosing a darker colour.
- Due to the sheer weight of quartz, professional installation is a must.
BENEFITS OF GRANITE WORKTOPS
- Due to granite coming straight from the earth, the appearance will never be totally uniform. While some may find this a drawback, others will see it as a huge benefit.
- Granite worktops require sealing before they’re used as well as annually in order to keep it protected and looking its best. Granite’s a naturally porous stone and can only be considered stain-resistant when it’s been professionally sealed.
- Granite worktops are incredibly durable being made from a naturally tough rock however, like quartz, they cannot be considered indestructible. With correct maintenance however, they’re more than able to withstand normal day-to-day activities, lasting you a lifetime.
- Granite worktops are known to add value to your home, much more than quartz worktops.
CONTACT THE ONLY WAY IS GRANITE TODAY!
So in answer to the question: quartz vs. granite, which is the best choice for you? Simply put, the one that you find most favourable to look at, the one that fits your budget and the one that fits the style and look you’re trying to create. Both quartz and granite worktops are high quality so there really is no wrong choice, just personal preference.